Friday, August 28, 2009

A kinda DM part 3

Well... my meticulous nature has turned this 2 session project into a 5 session project, but I'm having fun with it so it doesn't bother me too much. Keep in mind that with my schedule I can manage maybe 3-4 two hour sessions a week, so it's not really enough time to knock out a piece quickly. But I digress, today's update consists of hand, leg and foot detail. Here's how far I got last night (Click to enlarge):


The hands and legs went real smooth. Hands naturally take a long time to get the pose right, but I've gotten used to it over time, so it doesn't really bother me. Trying to keep it simple, I just used 3 blocks of color to suggest light in the skin. Those parts went smoothly:


It was the shoes that kinda slowed my progress to a grinding halt. At first I wanted to keep them lineless and simple, but what I came out with was really hard to identify. There was a lot of little strappy things here and there. And a lot of different surfaces that were hard to identify when they were put next to each other. Also, the background is going to be white, which made it even harder to see. So I outlined it and spent a lot of time detailing little bits and pieces to my likeness... 75% of my 2 hour session was spent on one shoe:


All in all, it's coming together really well, and I can't wait to do the background. I think It'll make for an interesting piece. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment