Friday, September 25, 2009

Stump 3.0 and Events!


Here's the latest update for Stump! More tree detail, and I started the highlights... It's slow going, but keep in mind, sometimes I only get thirty minutes to an hour a day to work on my own stuff, so it takes a while to get a piece done. Trying to keep a consistent posting schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday is motivation for me to continue working on projects so I'll just keep em comin. But check it out and tell me what you think! I'm hoping to get prints of this guy in the future, along with some of my better digital stuff. As always, click to enlarge. Enjoy!



On another note... It's looking like a busy three days. Last night I got to kick it at Fluid in SF and watch 3 eye elephant paint live. Homeboys/girls Albert, Kris (Happy Belated!), Chris and Sadie (Did I spell that right?) were in attendance. The guys from 3 eye elephant are quickly becoming some of my favorite NEW artists. All three of them are great to kick it with and bring something unique to the group. Here's what they did last night (via crappy iPhone Cam)










I was also rewarded by Chris de Leon for doing some side work for their group with this awesome painting!



I'm gonna study it and steal his techniques Kakashi style! (Had to get my anime nerd on at least once in this blog)

Today, marks the opening of "Off the Wall" at Space gallery. Homies Dyno and Tim (DAT:AA) have pieces hanging and I'll be there showing support! These guys are some of the most talented and hardest working members of IC, so if you get a chance, head down to Space gallery in SF and show support for these Vallejo natives. Check out Dyno's site for more details. After that is my good buddy Kris Mestizo's birthday bash at Poleng Lounge in SF. He won't tell me how old he is so lets just say: Happy 88th birthday buddy!

I can't party too hard tonight though, because tomorrow morning I'm running my first double digit distance. That's right! 10 whole miles in preparation for the half-marathon (13.1 miles) I'll be running in October. I'll be going down to Long Beach CA with a few friends who'll undertake this adventure by my side. I'm excited and nervous at the same time so I'm just gonna focus on finishing. THAT will be an accomplishment on its own. Later that night is Open Session Saturdays part 3. The 3rd installment of Individual Collective's open mic extravaganza. You know the drill... OPEN mic, OPEN canvas, OPEN minds. Be there:

Individual Collective Gallery
419 Georgia St
Vallejo CA

You can check out details here or here.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment