Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OSS 2

Open Session Saturdays 2, which was held this past Saturday was another great success... We had some open mic performers, and the talented guys from 3 eye elephant came across 2 bridges to get down with our live painting. I only have one photo from the event that I took with my iPhone before I got down to painting. This is our setup outside the IC gallery positioned so those who were watching the performers could see the paintings as they were being completed.


The theme this time around was for all of us to have a horizon line that continues through the piece from one side to the other. Then we'd connect all the paintings side by side making a long landscape. Below is my piece, "If it wasn't for the darkness of night, we'd never see the stars 2". We'll have some photos up soon taken by the talented Albert Lam, but until then enjoy more crappy iPhone photos!



I got some great compliments on the piece, especially from people who saw the first one that I did for BYOA. A couple of the guys said it felt like following a storyboard which got me to thinking of actually making a series out of my concept. Talking to Chris de Leon about the series he's planning and checking out the sketches in his book inspired me to possibly take the "stars" series a bit further. If you're reading this Chris, big thanks for sharing that man!

The next OSS is on the 26th of September, so if you missed the first two, don't fret. There's more coming around the corner! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment